Register for the 6D.ai Developer SDK
6D.ai Terms of Service
6D Reality Platform
SDK License Agreement
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS SDK LICENSE AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY. BY CLICKING ON THE “I AGREE” BUTTON OR DOWNLOADING THE SDK, (1) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, (2) YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT, PERSONALLY OR ON BEHALF OF THE COMPANY YOU HAVE NAMED AS THE DEVELOPER (THE “DEVELOPER”), AND TO BIND THE DEVELOPER TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND (3) YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST SIXTEEN (16) YEARS OLD, OF LEGAL AGE TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT, AND NOT A PERSON BARRED FROM USING THE SDK UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES, YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE OR ANY OTHER APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT CLICK ON THE “I AGREE” BUTTON OR DOWNLOAD OR USE THE SDK.
THIS AGREEMENT IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN DEVELOPER AND 6degrees.xyz Inc. (“6D.ai ”) FOR THE ACCOMPANYING “6D REALITY PLATFORM” ACCESS, WHICH INCLUDES 6D.ai’S SDK SOFTWARE AND MAY INCLUDE ASSOCIATED APIS, MEDIA, PRINTED MATERIALS AND “ONLINE” OR ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTATION (THE “SDK”).
- SDK. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, 6D.ai grants to Developer a nontransferable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, worldwide license to (a) internally use, perform, display, reproduce, modify and create derivative works of the SDK for the sole purpose of creating executable object code to enable Developer’s own software application or website (“Developer Application”) to interact with the 6D Reality Platform (“Platform”), and integrating such code into the Developer Application; (b) compile such SDK source code or derivatives thereof into executable object code, and (c) use, perform, display, reproduce, and distribute the SDK in executable object code format solely as incorporated into a Developer Application to end users pursuant to a binding written agreement that contains terms no less restrictive than the Minimum EULA Terms set forth below.
- Third Party Software. The SDK may contain third party software which requires notices and/or additional terms and conditions. Such required third party software notices and/or additional terms and conditions are set forth in Attachment 1 and are made a part of and incorporated by reference into this Agreement. By accepting this Agreement, you are also accepting the additional terms and conditions, if any, set forth therein.
- Trademarks. 6D.ai does not license to Developer any rights to any 6D.ai trademark, trade name, icon, branding, or logo (“6D.ai Trademarks”) and Developer may not use 6D.ai Trademarks, including the terms “6D.ai ” or “6D Reality Platform”, in the Developer Application or marketing materials, without a separate trademark license agreement from 6D.ai or except as set forth below. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Developer shall: (i) include language in the Developer Application that states that the Developer Application uses the SDK, (ii) use the terms “6D.ai ” or “6D Reality Platform” in a referential phrase, e.g., “connected by 6D.ai ” or “powered by 6D.ai ”, and (iii) use graphics and buttons provided as part of the SDK in the Developer Application.
- Pricing. 6D.ai reserves the right to charge a fee for the SDK (pricing at 6D.ai/pricing) . Notwithstanding the foregoing, 6D.ai reserves the right to charge an increased fee for the SDK for uses of the SDK over a certain rate or for certain types of commercial applications in its sole discretion upon modification of this Agreement as set forth in Section 10. Maximum rates are listed at 6D.ai/pricing and are subject to change from time to time.
- Restrictions. The rights granted to Developer in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, if at all, (a) Developer shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, host, outsource, disclose or otherwise commercially exploit or make the SDK available to any third party; (b) Developer shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile, scrape data from, or reverse engineer any part of the SDK; (c) Developer shall not access the SDK in order to build a similar or competitive product or service; (d) no part of the SDK may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or other means; (e) any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the SDK shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement; and (f) Developer shall not direct excessive (in 6D.ai ’s discretion) transactions or traffic to the SDK server(s). Developer must reproduce, on all copies made by or for Developer, and must not remove, alter, or obscure in any way all proprietary rights notices (including copyright notices) of 6D.ai or its suppliers or Oxford University on or within the copies of the SDK. Developer may not develop an application to interact with Platform except through use of the SDK. Additionally, Developer must include in all publication of results or data obtained from, dependent on or arising out of the use of the SDK software, the identification the use of the SDK and all of the aforementioned proprietary notices.
- Oxford Requirements. Certain of the intellectual property underlying the SDK is owned by Oxford University Innovation Limited (“OUI”) (such intellectual property being the “Oxford IP”), licensed to 6D.ai, which sublicenses it hereunder to Developer. The OUI license requires the following terms from Developer:
- Should the head license between 6D.ai and OUI be terminated for whatever reason, OUI and Developer shall enter into a direct license containing the same obligations and liabilities as set herein, and 6D.ai will pay all due and payable monies hereunder to OUI;
- Should Developer wish to further sub-license the Oxford IP where OUI has consented to the sublicense including the right to do so, it shall procure that any sub-Developer enters into a Deed of Covenant with OUI;
- OUI shall have the right, during the term of this Agreement, through an independent certified accountant appointed by OUI (the “Auditor”), to audit Developer’s Oxford IP-related accounts on at least thirty (30) days’ written notice no more than once each calendar year for the purpose of determining the accuracy of the royalty reports and payments. The Auditor shall be: permitted to enter the principal place of business of the Developer upon reasonable notice to inspect such records and accounts; entitled to take copies of or extracts from such records and accounts; given all other information by the Developer as may be necessary or appropriate to enable the amount of royalties payable to be ascertained including the provision of relevant records; and allowed access to and permitted to conduct interviews of any sales, engineering or other staff of the Developer in order to verify the accuracy of the records and accounts and the accuracy of any royalty statements provided to OUI. If on any such audit a shortfall in payments of greater than five percent (5%) is discovered by the Auditor in respect of the audit period, the Developer shall pay the audit costs of OUI.
- Acceptable Application Policy.
- The following constitute the “Acceptable Application Policy”. The Developer Application may not: (i) circumvent or claim to circumvent limitations on features or functionality of the SDK or Platform; (ii) violate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (iii) be unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, or patently offensive, or promote racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, or be otherwise objectionable; (iv) be harmful to minors in any way; (v) violate any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party; (vi) contain any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (vii) send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (viii) harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding a user, including e-mail addresses, without the user’s prior consent; (ix) scrape data or use data provided by 6D.ai for any purpose other than to display such data to the user; (x) transmit a user’s data to 6D.ai without the user’s prior consent; (xi) direct excessive (in 6D.ai ’s discretion) transactions or traffic to the SDK server(s); or (x) transmit a user’s data to 6D.ai other than based on the deliberate action of the user. Developer is solely responsible for the Developer Application and may not state or imply that 6D.ai in any way endorses, certifies, or is affiliated with the Developer Application. Developer is solely responsible for compliance with, and will comply with, all applicable laws and regulations in connection with the Developer Application, including in connection with any user data collected by, or sent to 6D.ai or the Platform via, the Developer Application.
- 6D.ai reserves the right (but has no obligation) to review any Developer Application, and to block any Developer Application, limit any Developer Application’s interaction with Platform, or take other actions 6D.ai deems appropriate in connection with any Developer Application, if 6D.ai , in its sole discretion: (i) disapproves of the Developer Application, (ii) believes that the Developer or the Developer Application violates the Acceptable Application Policy or any other provision of this Agreement, (iii) believes that the Developer Application otherwise creates liability for us, our users, or any other person or is detrimental to the Platform experience.
- Minimum EULA Terms. The following constitute the “Minimum EULA Terms”: (a) title to and ownership of the SDK remains with 6D.ai and its suppliers; (b) the end user may not (i) copy, alter or modify the SDK, (ii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or in any way attempt to derive the source code for the SDK, or (iii) use the SDK except as embedded within the Developer Application; (c) all express and implied warranties regarding the SDK by 6D.ai and its suppliers are disclaimed; and (d) all consequential, special, and indirect damages are disclaimed on behalf of 6D.ai and its suppliers.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. 6D.ai IS PROVIDING THE SDK ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, FOR USE BY DEVELOPER AT IT’S OWN RISK. 6D.ai PROVIDES LIMITED (IF ANY) TECHNICAL SUPPORT, AND NO WARRANTIES OR REMEDIES FOR THE SDK. 6D.ai AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE SDK, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. 6D.ai DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE SDK WILL BE STABLE, AVAILABLE, CONTAIN CERTAIN FEATURES, UNINTERRUPTED, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SDK IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IF APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SDK, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF DEVELOPER’S FIRST SDK ACCESS.
- LIMITATION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. NEITHER 6D.ai NOR ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT OR TERMS OR CONDITIONS RELATED THERETO, UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY (A) FOR LOSS OR INACCURACY OF DATA OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY, OR (B) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF REVENUES AND LOSS OF PROFITS. 6D.ai ’S AGGREGATE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY HEREUNDER SHALL NOT EXCEED THE LOWER OF ONE-HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00) AND THE FEES PAID BY DEVELOPER HEREUNDER. CERTAIN STATES AND/OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE EXCLUSIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO DEVELOPER.
- Basis of Bargain. The warranty disclaimer and limitation of liability set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the agreement between 6D.ai and Developer. 6D.ai would not be able to provide the SDK on an economic basis without such limitations. The warranty disclaimer and limitation of liability inure to the benefit of 6D.ai’s suppliers.
- Term and Termination. This Agreement and the licenses granted hereunder are effective on the date Developer accepts the terms of this Agreement and shall continue unless this Agreement is terminated by either party pursuant to this section. 6D.ai may terminate this Agreement immediately upon notice to Developer in the event that Developer materially breaches any of the terms hereof. 6D.ai may terminate this Agreement for convenience upon providing sixty (60) days’ notice to Developer. Developer may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause. Developer may terminate this Agreement by sending either an email to legal@6D.ai with Developer’s name and the subject “REMOVE” or a letter by United States mail to: Suite 260, 500 3rd St, San Francisco, CA 94107 or to such other address as 6D.ai may specify in writing by posting the new address on the 6D.ai website. Upon termination, the license granted hereunder shall terminate and Developer shall immediately destroy any copies of the SDK in its possession and terminate any of Developer’s end-user use of the application including 6D.ai SDK, but the terms of this Agreement which are intended to survive termination will remain in effect, including Sections 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15.
- Modifications. 6D.ai reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the SDK, or prevent Developer Application from accessing Platform, or change access requirements, with or without notice. Developer agrees that 6D.ai will not be liable to Developer or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the SDK. 6D.ai reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this Agreement or its policies relating to the SDK at any time, and such changes will be effective 30 days after notice to Developer. Developer’s continued use of the SDK after any such changes take effect shall constitute Developer’s consent to such changes. Developer is responsible for providing 6D.ai with Developer’s most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address provided by Developer is not valid, 6D.ai’s dispatch of an e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice.
- Ownership. The SDK, and all worldwide intellectual property rights therein, are the exclusive property of 6D.ai, Oxford University Innovation Limited, and its suppliers. All rights in and to the SDK not expressly granted to Developer in this Agreement are reserved by 6D.ai, Oxford University Innovation Limited, and its suppliers. Additionally, all data, 3-D scans and maps collected and developed via use of the SDK and/or the 6D Reality Platform (“6D Maps”), and all worldwide intellectual property rights therein, are the exclusive property of 6D.ai. At 6D.ai’s request, Developer will, and will cause its employees and agents to, (a) cooperate with and assist 6D.ai, both during and after the term of this Agreement, in perfecting, maintaining, protecting, and enforcing Developer’s rights in the SDK and 6D Maps, and (b) execute and deliver to 6D.ai any documents deemed necessary or appropriate by 6D.ai in its discretion to perfect, maintain, protect, or enforce 6D.ai’s rights in the SDK and 6D Maps or otherwise carry out the purpose of this Agreement. Subject to such rights in the SDK, the Developer Application, and all worldwide Intellectual Property Rights therein, are the exclusive property of Developer and its suppliers.
- Confidentiality. “Confidential Information” includes the SDK and any other materials of 6D.ai that 6D.ai designates as confidential or which Developer should reasonably believe to be confidential. Developer shall hold 6D.ai’s Confidential Information in confidence and shall neither disclose such Confidential Information to third parties nor use 6D.ai’s Confidential Information for any purpose other than as necessary to perform under this Agreement. Developer agrees to limit access to the Confidential Information to those employees, agents, and representatives who are necessary for Developer to perform its obligations under this Agreement. All such employees, agents, and representatives must have a written confidentiality agreement with Developer that is no less restrictive than the terms contained herein that applies to the Confidential Information. Developer will protect the Confidential Information from unauthorized use, access, or disclosure in the same manner as Developer protects its own confidential or proprietary information of a similar nature and with no less than reasonable care. The foregoing restrictions on disclosure shall not apply to Confidential Information that is (a) already known by Developer; (b) becomes, through no act or fault of Developer, publicly known; (c) received by Developer from a third party without a restriction on disclosure or use; or (d) independently developed by Developer without reference to 6D.ai’s Confidential Information.
- Indemnity. Developer agrees to indemnify and hold 6D.ai harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) Developer Application, (b) Developer’s violation of this Agreement; (c) Developer’s violation of applicable laws, common law, or regulations; or (d) Developer’s actions or inactions. 6D.ai reserves the right, at Developer’s expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which Developer is required to indemnify 6D.ai and Developer agrees to cooperate with 6D.ai defense of these claims. Licensee agrees not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of 6D.ai. 6D.ai will use reasonable efforts to notify Developer of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- Export. The SDK and related technology are subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. Developer agrees to strictly comply with all such laws and regulations and acknowledges that it has the responsibility to obtain authorization to export, re-export, or import the SDK and related technology, as may be required. Developer will indemnify and hold 6D.ai harmless from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fines, penalties, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising from or relating to any breach by Developer of its obligations under this section.
- Miscellaneous. Neither the rights nor the obligations arising under this Agreement are assignable by Developer, and any such attempted assignment or transfer shall be void and without effect. Any and all claims, controversies and disputes between the parties hereto that arise out of or relate to this Agreement, or to the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, shall be exclusively and finally settled by arbitration before the American Arbitration Association and in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. There shall be one arbitrator who shall be appointed by the American Arbitration Association. The location of the arbitration shall be San Francisco, California, unless otherwise agreed by the parties hereto in writing. The arbitrator shall be solely bound and governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to the choice or conflicts of laws rules thereof and without regard to the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. The arbitrator shall take into account every dispute or difference arising between the parties hereto and shall provide the parties hereto with written reasons for the arbitration award. The arbitrator shall have no authority to make any decision or issue any award that is inconsistent with this Agreement and, in addition, shall have no power to award indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages. Any arbitration award shall be stated and paid in U.S. Dollars and shall specify the arbitration costs to be borne by each party, including attorneys’ fees. The arbitration award shall be final and binding on all parties. Judgment upon the award may be entered in any court of record having competent jurisdiction. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is found to be contrary to law, then such provision shall be construed as nearly as possible to reflect the intention of the parties, with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect. Any notice to Developer may be provided by email. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and any and all written or oral agreements previously existing between the parties are expressly canceled. Except as otherwise provided in Section 10, any modifications of this Agreement must be in writing and agreed to by both parties. The term “including” means including without limitation. The parties are independent contractors; nothing in this Agreement should be construed to create a partnership, agency, joint venture, or employer-employee relationship.
- Questions or Additional Information. If you have questions regarding this Agreement, or wish to obtain additional information, please send an e-mail to legal@6D.ai.
Third Party Software Terms
- AFNetworking [https://github.com/AFNetworking/AFNetworking] : efficient and secure https requests
- SSZipArchive [https://github.com/ZipArchive/ZipArchive] : zip file creation
- geohash [https://github.com/windoze/geohash-cpp] : anonymizing geo locations
- Draco [https://github.com/google/draco] : efficient 3D data compression
- zlib [https://zlib.net/] : file compression tool
- libpng [https://github.com/glennrp/libpng] : library required to generate png image format
- libjpeg-turbo [https://github.com/libjpeg-turbo/libjpeg-turbo] : library required to generate jpeg image format
Effective as of August 27, 2019
Table of Contents
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Other Important Privacy Information
- How to Contact Us
- Notice to European Users
We provide important information for individuals located in the European Union here.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you give us. Personal information you may provide through the Service or otherwise communicate to us includes:
- Registration and contact information. We collect Information when you register to use the Service through a developer account, or otherwise provide contact information to us through the Service. This information may include your contact details (such as your name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title, company name, and industry), information about your company and your Service account email and password.
- Correspondence. We may collect information when you request information from us or otherwise correspond with us.
- Developer-generated content. If you generate content for use on the Service, we collect that personal information. If you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect the personal information you provide to us through the survey.
- Geolocation information. We collect geolocation data as individuals interact the Service.
- Financial information. We collect your payment card information.
- Transaction information. We collect information such as payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Usage information. We collect information about how you use the Sites and interact with us, including information associated with content you upload to the Sites or otherwise submit to us through the Service, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the site. If you communicate with us or other developers through the Service (including the Sites), a 6D.ai provided Slack channel, or chatboard, we will collect that information.
- Marketing information. We collect information about your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with marketing communications.
Information we get from others. We may collect your name and email address from third parties who invite you to create an account with the Service, which we will use only to send you communications regarding account creation. Additionally, when you authenticate to the Service through a third party such as Slack, we may obtain additional information about you from these third party services (which may include your name and email address and profile photo associated with these services) to provide you with the Service.
How We Use Your Personal Information
To provide the Service. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service;
- operate, maintain, administer, and improve the Sites;
- communicate with you regarding the Service, including by sending you announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support as well as administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service; and
- respond to your requests, questions and feedback related to the Service.
For research and development. We analyze use of the Services to study trends and users’ movements around the Services, improve the Service, and develop new products and services.
To send you marketing and survey communications. We may send you surveys, newsletters or other marketing communications, but you may opt out of receiving them as described in the Opt out of marketing section below.
To create anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data. We may create aggregated, anonymous or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties to understand and improve our Service and for other lawful business purposes.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may use your personal information as we believe appropriate to (a) investigate violations of and enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Sites; (b) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
For compliance with law. We may use your personal information as we believe appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; and (b) where permitted by law in connection with a legal investigation.
With your consent. In some cases we may ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
Other developers. We will share your Personal Information with other developers who are members of your corporate developer account solely for the purpose of providing the Service. Content you submit to the Sites through the Service for public posting will be viewable by the Sites’ others developers.
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third-party companies and individuals as needed for them to provide us with services that help us with our business activities and to provide the Service (such as single sign-on providers, payment-service providers, customer support, hosting and storage, website analytics, email delivery, marketing/advertising, technical support, quality assurance, database management services and legal and other professional advice). These third parties will be given limited access to your personal information that is reasonably necessary for them to provide their services. For online payments, we use a payment service provider. We do not record or maintain your credit card information and we will share transaction data with our payment service providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
For legal reasons. We may disclose your personal information as we believe appropriate to government or law enforcement officials or private parties for the purposes described above under the following sections: For compliance, fraud prevention and safety and For compliance with law.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your Personal Information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business deal (or potential business deal) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
Access or update your username. Service account holders may review or update information in their registration profile by logging into their account or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opt out of marketing. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Targeted advertising. Some of the business partners that collect information about developers’ activities on our Sites may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. Developers may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here, selecting the user’s country, and then clicking “Choices” (or similarly titled link). European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here, selecting the user’s country, and then clicking “Choices” (or similarly-titled link).
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioural advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Service or the Sites to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our Service. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service by designating it as required in or on the Sites or through other appropriate means.
Other Important Privacy Information
Third-party sites and services. The Sites may contain links to other websites and services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third-party websites, applications or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites you visit and services you use.
Security practices. The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
International transfers. We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be collected, used and stored in the United States or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country.
European Union developers should read the important information provided here about transfer of personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Children. The Service is not directed at, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will attempt to delete that information as soon as reasonably practicable.
Customer-administered accounts. Where the Service is provided to you through your employer or another organization, that organization is the administrator of the Service. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of these organizations, which have their own privacy policies. Please note that your organization’s administrator may be able to:
- require you to reset your account password;
- restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Service;
- access information in and about your account;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- change the email address associated with your account;
- change your information, including profile information; and
- restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify or delete information.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.
How to Contact Us
For individuals outside of the EEA, you may contact us at:
500 3rd Street, Suite 260
San Francisco, CA 94107
Attention: Legal Department
For individuals inside the EEA, you may contact us at:
3rd Floor 1 Ashley Road
United Kingdom WA14 2DT
Attention: Legal Department
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us via email at 500 3rd Street, Suite 260, San Francisco, CA 94107 and email@example.com. You must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in your request and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
To provide the Service
You have entered a contract with us and we need to use your personal information to provide services you have requested or take steps that you request prior to providing the Service.
These activities constitute our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated in the Service or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This sharing constitutes our legitimate interests, and in some cases may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
When we no longer require the personal information we have otherwise collected about you, we will dissociate such information from the information attached to your content. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you), in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.Your rights
European data protection laws give European Union users certain rights regarding their personal information. If you are located within the European Union, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by email to email@example.com or our postal address provided above. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.Cross-Border Data Transfer
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be based:
- pursuant to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses, EU-US Privacy Shield, or Binding Corporate Rules;
- pursuant to the consent of the individual to whom the personal information pertains; or
- as otherwise permitted by applicable EEA requirements.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer when you visit a site. Cookies serve different purposes, like helping us understand how a site is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your browsing experience.Who places cookies on my device?
Cookies set by the site you visit are called “first party cookies.” Cookies set by parties other than us are called “third party cookies.” Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality within the site, such as site analytics, advertising and social media features. The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer or device both when it visits the site in question and also when it visits certain other sites and/or mobile apps. We do not control how these third parties use your information, which is subject to their own privacy policies. See below for details on use of third party cookies and similar technologies with our Sites.How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device after you have finished browsing until they expire or are deleted.What types of cookies and similar tracking technologies does 6D.ai use?
Type of cookie
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
These cookies allow our Sites to remember choices you make when you use our Sites. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-select your preferences every time you visit our Site.
Analytics and Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about traffic to our Sites and about how individuals use our Sites. The information gathered may include the types of information described above in the section titled “Information automatically collected.” We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, monitor the level of activity on our Sites, and improve the Sites.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” (or similar) button on our Sites or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook or Twitter. The social network will record that you have done this. Social networks use their own cookies.
Targeted and advertising cookies
These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us and third-party advertising networks to deliver ads that may be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests or browsing behavior. Based on the cookies that the third-party advertising network sets on our Site and other sites, advertisers can display or otherwise deliver to you advertisements that may be relevant to your interests on our Site and while you are on third party websites.
Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Sites may not work properly.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies are not the only way to track visitors to a site or app. Companies use tiny graphics files with unique identifiers called beacons (and also “pixels” or “clear gifs”) to recognize when someone visits its sites. These technologies often depend on cookies to function properly, and so disabling cookies may impair their functioning.
We may use Flash cookies (which are also known as Flash Local Shared Object (“LSOs”)) on our Sites to collect and store information about your use of our Sites. Unlike other cookies, Flash cookies cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings. If you do not want Flash cookies stored on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the website storage settings panel at this website
You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel at this website and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our Sites.
We may also use pixel tags (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) on our Sites and in our HTML formatted emails to track the actions of users on our Sites and interactions with our emails. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML formatted emails. Pixel tags are used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of the Sites, so that we can manage our content more effectively.
Software Development Kits
Our Sites may use software development kits (“SDKs”) provided by third parties. SDKs enable us to provide features and functionality developed by third-party developers, including to provide us with analytics, social media integration, and advertising. The SDKs we use may enable third parties to collect information about the users of our Sites. The types of SDKs we use include:
Social Media SDKs
These SDKs help you to interact with social networks you are signed into while using our Sites, such as by sharing content with the social network and other features you use with the social network. Social networks may also work with our Sites for analytics or advertising purposes, as discussed above.
We maintain a list of SDKs used in our Sites. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of our SDKs.Changes
Information about the cookies we use may be updated from time to time, so please check back on a regular basis for any changes.Questions
Last modified August 27, 2019